Benefits of Taking Martial Arts
Who Can Benefit from Our Program?
- Children and Adults of all skill levels
- Those with Special Needs: Behavioral/Disciplinary needs, ADHD, Autism, Down's Syndrome, Sensory Disorders and Physical Limitations
- Individuals with Low Self-esteem and Social Challenges (peer pressure and bullying)
Benefits for Children (ages 4-12)
Our classes are taught in a kid friendly and positive environment and are focused on personal growth and becoming a stronger person in every way. They offer a good balance of structure and discipline mixed with a lot fun. Here are just a few benefits you can expect:
- Self-discipline/Responsibility – we define self-discipline as doing the right thing without being told and we encourage students to make good choices. It takes self-discipline and hard work to earn new belts.
- Self-esteem/Confidence - we encourage kids to believe in themselves in everything they do by drawing on their own strengths and strive for their personal best. As students progress through each belt level, they get stronger inside and out which helps build their confidence.
- Respect – students learn to show respect to their instructors, other students and themselves. They are encouraged to respect parents, teachers, and adult authority.
- Self-defense/peer pressure – we encourage non-violent resolutions to conflict, but if necessary, students develop skills they need to defend themselves. As confidence grows, students have the courage to stand up for themselves and resist peer pressure.
- Focus, concentration, listening skills – our program incorporates a variety of activities and drills that strengthens these skills.
- Positive attitude – we encourage students to have a winning attitude in order to overcome challenges.
- Goal setting – our program is structured around short and long term goals and students are encouraged to achieve them and to set new ones for themselves.
- Incentives for good report cards – we reward students with parties if they make the honor roll.
About our System
Our system was created to help students improve their physical, mental and spiritual well-being during their martial arts training. It is a modernized system of fighting that offers more than just kicking and punching. It teaches practical self-defense skills through levels that use many different fighting methods such as striking, grappling, throwing and pressure points. It teaches self-improvement through qualities and a creed that emphasize positive manner, self-discipline and respect.
Martial Arts is not a sport, but a way of life.